I have been thinking about this post for awhile. Really since I wrote the post on the best 3 reasons to read Fifty Shades of Grey. From all the buzz around Hollywood, there are a lot of people who have a big interest in playing this character. I know that Universal Pictures and Focus Features were the successful studios that secured the rights to the film version of the book.
Universal Pictures and Focus Features now have one of the most difficult jobs to be performed – casting Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. I am sure this is kind of like how it was to find Bella and Edward from Twilight. I do not envy the job of the casting agents – that will be hell and they are probably going to get some form of negative press for whoever they pick (because we all know you can’t please everyone). However, I did want to add my own opinion as to who should be on that list (and I really want to hear from others also!!!). Since I am going to be one of those people that will definitely be checking out the movie, I thought that it would be appropriate.
So, here are the Best 3…Actors to Play Christian Grey (from Fifty Shades of Grey):
3. Henry Cavill
I have to say that I thought long and hard about this (because this casting will determine whether I actually go and see the movie) and Alex Pettyfer is at the top of my list. Not only is he the one that I can picture immediately as Christian Grey, the others are far behind him. He is younger than Christian Grey but there is something about him that exudes the characteristics of Grey and all that he is. Plus he has the looks down and I can definitely picture him with no shirt on…so I am Team Alex! I know that he doesn’t have the best reputation but with landing a role like this hopefully he would understand how lucky he is and all the doors that this role will open!
My second choice is someone that is a little older (because he is in his 30s) but Alexander Skarsgard still has the looks and the talent to pull off the character. He also has a way of really getting into character and making you believe in who he is portraying. Plus, Alexander looks amazing without a shirt and without anything on – plus he is the one actor who has shown a lot of skin (on True Blood) and doesn’t seem to shy away from it if that is what the role calls for.
My last choice was even a surprise to me but the more I thought about it, the more I could picture Henry Cavill as Christian Grey. Plus after the Immortals, I know that he looks great without a shirt on and those eyes just draw you in. There would have to be a change in the hair color but with Hollywood movie magic that shouldn’t be a problem.
Who do you think should be cast as Christian Grey? I really want to know what others are thinking out there – so leave comments!
- Universal Pictures And Focus Features Win ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ (deadline.com)
- What Makes ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ So Hot? (mtv.com)
- Who’s Up for Ana in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey?’ (celebs.gather.com)
- Alexander Skarsgard Wants Title Role in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ (celebs.gather.com)
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ movie rights acquired by Universal and Focus Features (insidemovies.ew.com)
- 6 Actors Who Could Play Christian Grey (collegecandy.com)
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ Will There Be 4th Book? (celebs.gather.com)
- Actors and Actresses We Want To See As The Leads In The Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie (perezhilton.com)
- ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Fans Cast Lead Roles At E L James’ Book Signing (mtv.com)
- Alexander Skarsgard As Christian Grey?! Yes, Please! (perezhilton.com)
- ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’: Let’s cast the whole movie! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Ian For Christian Grey (what else?) (elizascave.wordpress.com)
- Fifty Shades of Grey: Who Should Play Christian Grey? (people.com)